Sunday, May 15, 2016

CTMH Technique Blog Hop - Let’s Interact


Melissa Sanchez-Robinson's photo.

If you are coming from Wendy Kessler's Blog you are in the right place.

What a fun challenge this Blog Hop is this month. I have made explosion cards before but I needed a special card for a special kiddo from school so I made this slider type of card.  Let me explain.  We have a great kid that is at the school I work at and I always have a big cup from Lambert's Cafe with me.  He asked me one day what the guy on it was throwing.  I told him it was rolls, that there is this restaurant in Missouri that is the Home of Throwed Rolls.  They will actually throw rolls from across the restaurant to you.  He became fascinated with this.  So, one day, my cousin had posted some videos of her kids catching rolls there.  I showed my friend Q and he thought they needed to change the 4th grade field trip from the Texas Capital to Lambert's Cafe.  So, since he will be leaving Erma Nash this year, I wanted to get him his own cup to hopefully remember me by because I will most definitely remember my little Gamer Buddy!  He's going to be missed by all of us!  I used some scraps from the Urban Paper Pack and the new stamp set "Smarty Pants Occasions" along with my watercolor pencils and the new Waterbrush Medium Point for blending.






I am so lucky to work in an elementary school and get to have millions of smiles from great kids like Q.  I hope you all are as blessed to be touched by the innocence of children because there is nothing as wonderful!

Now hop on over to Kirsten Jade's Blog to continue the hop!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Cathy. I love the story behind this card and thank you for sharing it with us. No doubt you left a lasting impression on that young man and I agree with him about changing the fieldtrip destination. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun! Thanks for sharing the story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and cup! I have to admit I love the story behind it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great slider card...and thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome story and an equally fantastic card. He will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Story - a great card as a follow up!

    ReplyDelete